All users (parents, teachers, secretaries, principals, all school staff) can now reset their own passwords without having to go through the school admin staff with the exception of students who must still contact the school.
To reset your password:
- Go to the school's login screen, for example: schoolname.vsware.ie
- Click 'Reset Password'
- This brings you to the 'Reset Password' screen
- Type in your username
- Type the last 4 digits of your phone number
- Click 'Validate'
- You will then receive a text message containing the verification code. This SMS might take a minute or two to be sent.
- Enter the code, type your new password into the 'New password' and 'Confirm password' fields. Make sure that your password follows the criteria listed
- Click 'Change password'
- You will see a message confirming that your password has been successfully updated. Once you see this click ' Go To Login'
- This brings you back to the main Login screen. Type your username, your new password and click 'Sign In'
Points to note
- Please note that if you request more than 3 security codes on one day, you will be blocked from generating any more until after midnight when the system resets.
- If you have locked your account, the admin staff in the school can override this for you and unlock your account.
(This is done in Settings > Users & Groups > Users > drag and drop the name of the user from the 'No Access' list on the left back to their correct user role.)
- If you do not have a phone number registered, you will see this message and will have to contact the school so that their mobile number can be added to their personal details (under the 'Address' tab).
For more detailed information on passwords, please read our Complete Password Manual here or simply search 'Password' within the online guide site.