A: Before entering results, you must create a new exam in VSware in the same way that summer or Christmas exams are created.
Step 1. Create the exam
- Then 'Exams' on the left menu
- Select the year you are entering the results for
- Click 'Actions' and 'New Exam'
- In the Edit Exam box, enter 6th year (LC) in the year box
- Enter the name, e.g. Leaving Certificate 2019
- Enter the start and end date (this relates to how long the exam is open for results entry)
- Enter other information as required. (Most of these aren't relevant as you will be just entering in the exam result with no comments)
- Click 'Save'
Step 2. Enter the results
- Go to the 'Classes' tab and scroll to the 6th year classes
- Select 'View List'
- Select the first student on the list
- Select the 'Term Reports' tab on the left menu
- Click 'Actions' and 'Results Entry'
- Select your Leaving Certificate 2019 exam that you've created from the dropdown
- Enter the result in grade format, i.e. H1, H2, etc.
- Finally, in the ‘Level’ column, set the study level to Higher, Ordinary, Foundation or N/A if these are not already set
- Once the student's exam results are entered, select 'Save'
- To move to the next student on this list, select the arrow under their profile picture to toggle between students
- Repeat the above steps
*If you want to enter results for subjects that were taken outside of school, click on this link for a more in depth guide.