Marking attendance as a teacher via the app or web browser
Attendance via the app
- Marking attendance via the app looks slightly different to when you mark attendance on your web browser
- Read how to take attendance via the app
- Learn more about the app in general here
Attendance via the web browser
Getting to the Mark Attendance screen
- There are a number of ways to reach the mark attendance screen via your teacher account.
- The quickest way is via the My Classes widget which can be found on your dashboard/home screen. It will show if you have any over due classes in orange as shown below.
- Click into the Take attendance button (the little red calendar) to reach the attendance screen.
You can also reach the attendance screen by accessing a particular teaching group. You can do this by:
- Searching the teaching group name in the search bar for (example 1EngA) > actions > mark attendance.
- Accessing the teaching group via your teacher profile. Go into the Timetable or Classes & Subjects buttons > click on the teaching group > actions > mark attendance.
- Click on the attendance codes along the top of the screen > apply them to the relevant students > click save. The present mark is the green tick.
- Note that any student that is left blank, will be automatically marked as present if you click save.
- If one or two students are absent or late etc., and the rest are present it is quicker to first click the absent code relevant to the absent students > apply that to those students > then click save. Any student with a blank mark will have the present code applied to them automatically.
- You also have the option toward the top right of the screen to enter notes against your students, if you wish to record anything on their record for that class.