A: The first thing to do on this occasion is to ask the parent to check that the correct details are being entered. All passwords are case sensitive.
If the username contains a space, ask them to remove it when logging in. We have recently removed all spaces from usernames for security reasons.
If the parent still can't log in or have forgotten their password, they can reset it themselves via the login screen by doing the following:
- Go to the school's login screen, for example: schoolname.vsware.ie
- Click 'Reset Password'
- This brings you to the 'Reset Password' screen
- Type in your username
- Type the last 4 digits of your phone number
- Click 'Validate'
- You will then receive a text message containing the verification code. This SMS might take a minute or two to be sent.
- Enter the code, type your new password into the 'New password' and 'Confirm password' fields. Make sure that your password follows the criteria listed
- Click 'Change password'
- You will see a message confirming that your password has been successfully updated. Once you see this click ' Go To Login'
- This brings you back to the main Login screen. Type your username, your new password and click 'Sign In'
Points to note
- Please note that if you request more than 3 security codes on one day, you will lock your account until after midnight when the system resets.
- If you have locked your account, the admin staff in the school can override this for you and unlock your account. Click here for the admin guide to unlocking a user's account.
(This is done in Settings > Users & Groups > Users > drag and drop the name of the user from the 'No Access' list on the left back to their correct user role.)
- If you do not have a phone number registered, you will see this message and will have to contact the school so that your mobile number can be added to your personal details (under the 'Address' tab).