How to mark attendance. This guide is intended for Teachers. (Read time: 3 minutes)
Last updated: 27/07/2022
How to mark attendance as a teacher in the web app/browser (Google Chrome) or mobile app (iOS or Android).
Via the web browser (Google Chrome)
- The quickest way to take attenadnce is via the My Classes widget on your dashboard/home screen. It will show if you have any overdue classes in orange as shown below.
- Click into the Take attendance button (the little red calendar) to reach the attendance screen.
- Alternatively, you could search the teaching group name in the search bar for (example 1EngA) > click actions > mark attendance
- OR via your Timetable or Classes & Subjects button > click on the teaching group > actions > mark attendance.
- Click on the attendance codes along the top of the screen > apply them to the relevant students > click save. The present mark will appear as a green tick.
- Note that any student that is left blank, will be automatically marked as present if you click save.
- If one or two students are absent or late etc., and the rest are present it is quicker to first click the absent code relevant to the absent students > apply that to those students > then click save. Any student with a blank mark will have the present code applied to them automatically.
- You also have the option on the top right of the screen to enter notes for your students for that particular class.
Via the iOS or Android mobile app
- From the home page, tap on your class to mark attendance.
- If all students are present, simply tap on the class and select 'Submit Attendance'.
- A pop up will appear which asks 'You still have students with unmarked attendance. Would you like to mark them all as present?' Select 'Yes' here to mark all as present.
- You can also tap on the attendance button for an individual student to view the attendance codes and select one from the list.
Marking attendance for a teaching group on a previous day
This feature can be used if you've forgotten or missed a roll call for a past class.
- Tap on the calendar button on the bottom of the screen > Under the calendar, the classes that are on the selected day will appear.
- Tap a past date and select the teaching group that is overdue > Mark attendance for that teaching group
If you still have questions, please visit our knowledge base at support.vsware.ie. You can contact our support team via email at email@example.com, via the chat bubble when you are logged into your VSware account or via phone on 01-5549628. Support hours are Mon - Fri, 08:30 - 18:00.