Junior & Leaving Certificate Exam Results Entry.
To enter the Junior & Leaving Cert results, you must be in the academic year that those exams took place in. This will often mean going back into the previous academic year from the current year.
- To do this, select Settings > Timings > Settings > Academic Years on the left.
- Locate the academic year that the exams took place in, so for example 2019/2020
- Select the Settings button (gear icon)
- In the pop up screen you will have the choice to move into this academic year with All Users or Just Me. Select the Just Me option here. This is important as this option means you won't affect other users accounts and the rest of the school will stay in the current year.
- To create a Junior Cert or Leaving Cert Exam, click the Settings Tab > Exams on the left.
- Under Exams select the year that the exam took place. You will see a list of exams that took place in this year.
- Click the Actions button and select New Exam.
- Under Year select the year group to which the exam is relevant, i.e. select 6th year for the Leaving Cert Exam.
- Type the Exam Name, for example Leaving Certificate 2020 followed by a start and end date. These dates relate to the length of time the exam us open for results to be entered.
- When finished, click Save.
- Now that the exam has been set up, click on the Classes Tab and scroll down to the 6th year classes. (Remember, you're in a previous year now so your last year's 6th years will still appear here)
- Select View List next to the first 6th year class then select the first student from the list by clicking on their personal icon.
Note: Selecting the Groups Tab will show you currently enrolled students which are not relevant to this exam, so make sure you're selecting the Classes Tab.
- From the student’s profile select Term Reports from the menu on the left.
- When viewing the students term reports, click the actions button > Results Entry.
- Select the Leaving Certificate 2020 Exam that you have previously set up from the drop down menu under Select an Exam.
- Under the Mark column, double click into the first empty cell. A drop down menu will appear with a list of grades.
- From the list chose the relevant grade associated with the subject to the left. Enter the result in grade format, i.e. H1, H2, etc. Finally, in the Level column, set the study level to Higher, Ordinary, Foundation or N/A if these are not already set.
- To enter in Junior Certificate exam results, setup another exam using the same steps as above called for example Junior Certificate 2020 using the 3rd year students instead of 6th year students.
To enter results for subjects that were taken outside of school
To do this, a new teaching group needs to be created.
- To create a new teaching group, first ensure that you are in the academic year that the exam took place in, as per the instructions above.
- Go to the 3 lines > Current timetable > Teaching groups > Actions > New teaching group > Fill out the fields > Save > the teaching group is now created.
- To place students into this teaching group click on Class List Manager > Select the year group that you just created the teaching group for > Select the drop down menu below where it says 'Select a grouping' > you will see your new teaching group down the bottom of the list under Unscheduled.
- Drag students from the left Unassigned column into the new teaching group. Now the students are in the new teaching group and this subject will appear when entering results.
- Now go to the students term reports page to enter in results and you will now see the new subject that you created in teaching groups