Monitor Attendance and submit Absences
Please note that the Parent App is currently in pilot phase and will be available to all schools at the start of the 2020/2021 academic year.
To return to the full list of Parent App guides, click here.
On the Attendance page you can:
- Monitor attendance by year, month, day, lesson and by subject
- Submit a past or future absence to the school
- View pending attendance requests you have with the school
To get to Attendance page, select your child's name from the parent dashboard or from the 'Your Children' dropdown and then click 'Learn more' under Attendance.
*If you get an error message when you try to access Attendance saying that this feature is not available, it mens that your school has not turned on the feature that allows parents access to view attendance data and codes. Please contact your school if this is the case.
On the main attendance page, you will see an overview of attendance for the academic year so far. If your child has been late or absent without providing a reason, this will appear as a notification on this screen, more on that later. You can also select the academic year so you can go to past years and look into their old attendance records.
- Scroll further down the screen to see a month by month overview which will show the latest three month's attendance.
- To dig further, choose a month and select details. where you will see an overview for that month, as well as a list of each individual day and the related attendance mark. This can be filtered using the tabs 'All, Present, Absent, Partial' at the top of the screen.
- To dig even further again, choose a date and click details. This will give you a lesson by lesson breakdown of attendance on that particular date.
- Back on the child's attendance page, you will also see the Absence Request history where you can also go to submit an absence.
- At the bottom of the main attendance page, you can view attendance per subject. Click details to get some detailed visualisations as well as lists according to subject.
Submitting absences / Informing the school when your child is absent
- If you would like to mark your child as absent, click Actions on the top right of the main Attendance screen and click Submit Absence.
- Depending on your child's attendance record, you will see one of two screens.
- The first one is the 'select a Past Absence or Future Absence' screen. You will see this if your child has an outstanding unexplained absence that the school requires information on. Select Past absence if you'd like to explain why there were absent on that past date, or select Future Absence if you want to alert the school that your child will be out of school at some future date.
- In the next screen you will be able to select either a Single date to report or Multiple Dates. This is also the default page you will be brought to if your child does not have an outstanding unexplained absence in the past.
- Fill in the dates and your note and hit Submit. The information will be sent to the school who will approve or deny the message.
- If your child has an outstanding unexplained absence, you will have a notification on the top of the Attendance page. Instead of submitting a Past Absence via the above method, you can also click directly on the notification to enter the details of the absence, then hit Submit to send the request to the school.
View Pending Attendance Requests
- From the main attendance screen, click actions and Absence Requests. You can use the tabs along the top to sort according to Pending, Approved or Rejected requests. Click on Details to read further details such as why a request was rejected etc.